How was it started?
My name is James, and I’m the developer of the app. I have been fascinated with the I Ching for years. I can’t resist going into old bookstores and checking if they have any I Ching’s on their shelves. I have collected many interpretations over the years.
It takes me ages to review and gain wisdom from all my interpretations when needing guidance or insight. Would it not be cool to have a single source? When ChatGPT arrived, I thought this would be a fantastic way to combine all my resources into an app for quick access.
ChatGPT and the I Ching App
ChatGPT is a powerful language model widely used to analyse and interpret text from various sources. This app leveraged ChatGPT to provide insightful interpretations of the hexagrams. It did so by analysing many I Ching resources. [See Resource List Below]
The text of the hexagram is inputted into the model, which then uses its natural language processing capabilities to analyse the text and extract meaning from it. ChatGPT can identify patterns and themes in the text and provide a nuanced interpretation that considers the hexagram’s context.
Benefits of using ChatGPT for I Ching analysis
Using ChatGPT to analyse I Ching resources provides a better understanding of this ancient text in several ways.
Firstly, the I Ching is a complex and multi-layered text containing much information and wisdom. Using ChatGPT makes it possible to extract meaning and insights from the text that may not be immediately apparent to the human reader. ChatGPT can help identify patterns and themes in the text and provide nuanced interpretations of the hexagrams and their meanings.
Secondly, the I Ching is a text studied and interpreted by scholars and practitioners for thousands of years. Analysing these resources with ChatGPT makes it possible to gain a broader perspective on the text and its interpretations. It helps to identify commonalities and differences in how the text has been understood over time and across cultures and provides a complete picture of the I Ching and its significance.
Finally, using ChatGPT can help make the I Ching more accessible to modern readers. The language and concepts in the text can be challenging to understand for those unfamiliar with the culture and context in which it was written. Using ChatGPT to analyse the text and provide interpretations, the text’s meaning can be more transparent and more understandable to a broader audience. It leads to a greater appreciation of the wisdom contained in the text and its relevance to our lives today.
Using ChatGPT, the I Ching app can be continually updated and improved with new insights and interpretations as the model gets trained with more data. It ensures that the app remains relevant and valuable to users over time.
I Ching Resources
- I Ching: The Essential Translation of the Ancient Chinese Oracle and Book of Wisdom – by John Minford
- The I Ching Workbook – by R.L. Wing
- A Guide to the I Ching – by Carol K. Anthony
- The I Ching, or Book of Changes – by Brian Browne Walker
- The Living I Ching: Using Ancient Chinese Wisdom to Shape Your Life – by Ming-Dao Deng
- The Laws of Change: I Ching and the Philosophy of Life – by Jack Balkin
- The Taoist I Ching – by I-Ming Liu
- I Ching, The Oracle of the Cosmic Way – by Carol K. Anthony & Hanna Moog
- Understanding the I Ching: Restoring a Brilliant, Ancient Culture – by Alfred Huang
- Understanding the I Ching – by Hellmut Wilhelm & Richard Wilhelm
- The Essential I Ching: 64 Degrees of Nature’s Wisdom – by Kari Hohne
- The Complete I Ching ― 10th Anniversary Edition: The Definitive Translation by Taoist Master Alfred Huang – by Taoist Master Alfred Huang
- The Classic of Changes: A New Translation of the I Ching as Interpreted – by Wang Bi
- I Ching and Mankind – by Diana ffarington Hook
- I Ching and You – by Diana ffarington Hook
- Executive I Ching – by Michael Comer
- I Ching: The Shamanic Oracle of Change – by Martin Palmer, Kwok Man-Ho & Jay Ramsay
- I Ching. The Book of Change – by Blofeld, John
- The I Ching Workbook: A Step-by-step Guide to Learning the Wisdom of the Oracles – by Roger Green
- How to Use the I Ching: A guide to Working with the Oracle of Change – by Karcher, Stephen
- I Ching: A Practical Guide to Interpretation and Divination – by William Adcock